Welcome to my blog! I'm thrilled to be able to share with you my favorite images from weddings, engagements, maternity, and more! Grab a cup of coffee and get snuggly cuz this blog will give you all the feels!
Meet my new North Carolina besties, Ariana and Brian! If you follow me in Facebook or Instagram, then you’ve probably see me take numerous selfies with this amazing duo! We’re birds of a Silver Feather! 😉 I just couldn’t resist! The pun was too easy! These guys are the brains, beauty, talent, and just all around awesome behind Silver Feather Studios!
We instantly bonded the first time we met almost a year ago at an end of the season photo party…yes we have those. It wasn’t long before we realized that we all shared some pretty serious geeky addictions (i.e. Dr. Who, Sherlock, Firefly, Divergent, The Hunger Games, and the list goes on and on)! Since then, our friendship has grown as we had our Geeksboro dates with Sherlock, business chats at Crafted, and now Silver Feather have invited me to shoot video with them on some of their weddings! It’s been pretty spectacular working with an amazing team like Ariana and Brian! I am so ridiculously grateful for their friendship and I can’t wait to see where our businesses go now that Ariana is MOVING INTO THE STUDIO! WOOHOO! That’s right, you know what that means, GEEK OVERLOAD ALL THE TIME! *Let the dance party commence!*
Our overall vision is to one day all have a studio space together, can you imagine the awesome that will explode from that space? It’s almost scary!…Almost.
So getting to shoot their new promo pictures for their website was just the icing on the cake. You mean I get to hang out with you more, at geeky location, AND take pictures? Oh twist my arm!
*Sigh* What a perfect day with friends!
Nothing says love like Dr. Who & video games!
That moment when you die in a video game!
Batman approves of this cuteness!
This is Ariana and Brian in a nutshell. I just love this photo!
You guys are just hot, SO HAWT!
Social media swagger!
Work it Tyra! Show me dem smiez!
Last night I got to hang out with and, oh yeah, PHOTOGRAPH two of my favorite people in the world! Ariana and Brian are the super talented duo from Silver Feather Studios! I think you might be able to understand why we get along so well. I mean, other than the fact that they’re just fabulous! 😉 Check out their amazingly geeky sneak peek and I’m sure you’ll figure the rest out!
Ariana & Brian’s Geeky You + Me Session
It’s officially…technically…kinda sorta been a year since I’ve moved down to Kernersville, NC. I “moved” last February & I spent over half of the year here, so I guess that counts right? The other…almost half….I spent between upstate NY & FL.
I’m not sure if the time I’ve spent here in North Carolina has been enough to say that I’ve been fully immersed in southern culture, but I’d like to think I’ve gotten a good dose. Overall, I’ve loved my time here and I’m just starting to discover what really makes the Piedmont Triad so wonderful! This year has been an extreme growth year, as in I’ve been tilled up, replanted, and weeded like no other! Restarting a business in a new area has not been the easiest task and if I’m being honest, I’m still in the throws of figuring it all out. There’s no set formula for success. Ever. Just a lot of hard work, hand shakes, and coffee meetings.
Some things I’ve learned about business:
– No matter how successful you are in one place is doesn’t guarantee success elsewhere
– You have to be diligent to get results even when you feel like giving up
– Word of mouth is still the absolute best way to advertise
– Growth takes time, patience is NOT easy
– There are people you can connect with anywhere, you just have to go out there and find them
– Being unique is good – push for excellence – never stop learning!
Things I’ve learned about the south:
– Winters are WAY warmer over all with hardly any snow
– When there is snow…or the threat of snow…LIFE SHUTS DOWN…which is great and terrible at the same time
– Shopping carts are called buggy’s…get it right!
– Grits can come with practically anything
– There’s a lot of brick buildings…I LOVE brick buildings…
– Parking lots don’t make sense…seriously what were the designers here thinking?
– There are varying types/strengths of southern accents all within a 20 mile radius..and I may secretly want one…
– They sure know how to do food right down here!
Things I’ve learned about myself:
– I’m allergic to oak trees right before they bloom…there’s a lot of oak here.
– Cheesy grits are good, regular grits are gross
– I prefer driving over flying
– I have to watch my Chic Fil A addiction (mmmm waffle fries…)
– I can reduce my life into 1 bedroom
– Google chat & Face Time are the best inventions ever
– My body really does love the sun…who knew?! YAY VITAMIN D!
I’m so grateful for the new connections I’ve made here in NC. I’ve got a wonderful circle of friends who are willing to spread the word about MLP. I’ve still got a good chunk of work in NY this year, but I’m hoping that it will equal out to be about half n half.
Here are my 2014 Business goals:
– Book 10 North Carolina weddings (2 down, 8 to go!)
– Book 20 Simply Beautiful Couture sessions
– Join at least 2 wedding photo print competitions to push my work
– Find a studio/meeting space
– Network, network, network!
– Blog more about life
– Create new systems to help stay organized when traveling
– Get involved in the community
– Get plugged into a good cardio kickboxing class
– Finish the Bible chronologically
– Create 20 original videos
– Continue to pay off debt (I will be debt free one day!)
– Make new friends wherever I go
I am going to work extremely hard to meet my goals and if any of you want to help me make them, I’m totally down for that too! 😉 Here’s a little photo collage of the past year through my iphone. Man has it been crazy! Enjoy!